User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who deserved to win the most?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Betty White

4 20.00%
  • Rue McClanahan

7 35.00%
  • Estelle Getty

3 15.00%
  • Bea Arthur

6 30.00%

Thread: Favorite The Golden Girls Emmy win?

Senior Member DameOctaviaSpencer's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him

Favorite The Golden Girls Emmy win?

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Betty White for "In a Bed of Rose's" (S1E15)

Rose's date dies while they are having sex, and since her late husband, Charlie, also died during sex, she vows never to sleep with another man again. The man turns out to have been married, upsetting Rose further, but is reassured when the autopsy reveals he was actually terminally ill, despite not knowing it. It's an even greater relief for Rose when she discovers the man was in an open marriage and his wife therefore condoned his philandering.
    Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Rue McClanahan for "End of the Curse"(S2E01)

Blanche is depressed when she thinks she is pregnant, but is devastated when she finds out she is beginning menopause. Rose and Dorothy try their hands at mink-breeding with no success.
    Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Estelle Getty for "Old Friends" (S3E01)

At a beach, Sophia meets an elderly widower named Alvin. The two become friends and enjoy spending time together on a bench at the beach. However, as the friendship deepens, the old fellow's behavior becomes erratic, and she learns he has Alzheimer's disease. At home, Blanche accidentally gives away Rose's cherished teddy bear to a little girl named Daisy, who is a Sunshine Cadet. When Blanche tries to get the bear back for Rose, the girl holds the teddy for ransom.
    Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Bea Arthur for "My Brother, My Father" (S03E17)

While Rose and Blanche rehearse for their roles in The Sound of Music, Sophia has a request for Dorothy: pretend to still be married to Stan for Angelo, her priest brother, who will be visiting.
    Keep up with me and my delusions in Oscar Paradise

Classic Actressing Obsessed Cooper's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He
    "My feet have wings, barf bag!"
    [SIGPIC]

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    I have yet to see Arthur's submission (I'm at the middle of third season, so soon!), but I gotta say Estelle Getty was quite touching & deep in Old Friends, so far she's got my vote.

Classic Actressing Obsessed Cooper's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He
    They're all great eps. It was kinda painful to choose. At the risk of sounding like Clint Eastwood's great-grandfather, they don't make shows anywhere near this funny anymore.
    [SIGPIC]

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    They're all great eps. It was kinda painful to choose. At the risk of sounding like Clint Eastwood's great-grandfather, they don't make shows anywhere near this funny anymore.
    Tell me about it, I'm thinking about a Golden Girls tattoo for a while. It's prob. my favorite show of all time!

Pronoun(s)
    It
    Quote Originally Posted by DameOctaviaSpencer View Post
    Tell me about it, I'm thinking about a Golden Girls tattoo for a while. It's prob. my favorite show of all time!
    It looks painful...

Pronoun(s)
    Him
    So hard to pick, all 4 of these episodes are absolutely incredible. I'm leaning towards Rue, but there's no wrong answer here.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingy View Post
    It looks painful...

I've had my first tattoo over a year ago, and it didn't hurt. Going to do a have my second tomorrow.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    After seeing all the four submissions:

1. Estelle Getty
    Far from her usual stick, surprisingly deep & moving.

2. Rue McClanahan
    Extremely funny and fun, yet vulnerable.

3. Betty White
    Probably one of the best Rose episodes.

4. Bea Arthur
    I think this is by far the weakest submission here with only one standout glance by Arthur at the end of the episode. We've just seen so many better Dorothy-Stan episodes, and Arthur had at least a few better options from Season 3.

The Estelle Getty episode makes me cry when it comes on, I'm happy that she won for that. The Golden Girls was such a comfort to my grandma while she was battling through Alzheimers in 2020, so it touches me personally.
    ‏‏‎ ‎

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukes View Post
    The Estelle Getty episode makes me cry when it comes on, I'm happy that she won for that. The Golden Girls was such a comfort to my grandma while she was battling through Alzheimers in 2020, so it touches me personally.