User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Andor S1

His kiss still thrills me, even after a millennium Hatshepsutely's Avatar
    Reddit doing the most to rip my heart out

(I'm glad they didn't use the de-aging technology, tbh... though, it's like a punch in the face when you realize he's supposed to be about Nemik's age...)

When B2 said "I don't want to be alone", OMG...

Damn.

That's how you pull a finale. Amazing. Best season of the year, easily.
    - La vie n'est que l'interminable répétition d'une représentation qui n'aura jamais lieu -
    - J'ai trouvé d'autres choses à faire et d'autres sourires à croiser mais une aussi belle lumière, jamais. -

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    I have tomorrow (or I guess technically today) off, so I stayed up to watch it. My favorite tv show of the year. The fact that we have to wait until 2024 for more of this show is a sick joke.

Brasso Maarva’s speech Cassian’s guilt Luna has been great throughout the whole season, but he was particularly heartbreaking this episode. Confirmation that Cassian was forced to help build the thing that will kill him The fact that Cassian is going to be alive for only four more years is just ….

The way I thought for a split second that Dedra and Syrill were going to start making out after he saved her

ETA: I love Cinta
    Last edited by resonantorchid; 11-23-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Maarva would be so proud that someone used her brick to knock out a stormtrooper.

“Tell him I love him more than anything he could ever do wrong.”
    Last edited by J1359; 11-23-2022 at 04:30 AM.

My Lord, this is the best thing on TV right now. This finale was just so good. Great writing. The Mandalorian was nominated for a gazillion Emmys and won 14, total. And this show is even better. So I hope for a Best Drama win. Hey, I can hope...

Great finale, amazing first season. Maarva’s hologram speech is such a captivating catalyst. “There is a wound that won’t heal at the center of the galaxy.”

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    So are Luna and Gilroy sure they don’t want to do their original five season plan?

I really hope Kennedy, Favreau, Filoni and even Iger take note of what Gilroy achieved with this show. Not that every Star Wars show needs to capture the same tone and seriousness of "Andor" (the universe is big enough to have something for everybody after all) but every Star Wars show (and heck, even the Marvel shows) should at least have a comparable amount of planning, intelligence and risk taking.

In many aspects, Andor achieved the potential and promise that a lot SW fans have been hoping for since The Empire Strikes Back. There really should no longer be any tolerance for needless fan-servicing, pandering and lazy/rushed plotting that we've seen too many times now in Star Wars.

I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but this is the best TV show I watched this year. The commitment to its deliberate pacing made the payoffs reach the highest highs, the emotion felt authentic, and the attention to detail was second to none. Easily the best Disney + show and I would put it up against any other show this year.

Look I'm sorry but henceforth every show is going to be judged on whether or not someone brains a fascist with a corpse-brick at a Les Mis-esque funeral riot .

Anyways, incredible season, incredible show. Amazing how hard it stuck the landing. Shout-out to my boy Brasso, what a fucking king. So glad basically everyone made it too, this definitely felt like a show that could have potentially massacred the cast, which would be fine but would have been a waste of an amazing ensemble .

And in a season of amazing speeches, Nemik's manifesto ranks near the fucking top. Electric stuff.

"Remember this: try."

Yeah, masterpiece season. Maarva's speech almost got me emotional, the fact that apart from all the brainy stuff, it also knows when to pull at your heartstrings is just a testament to how great it is. And I second what Dent said, I'm happy mostly everyone survived, it's such a strong ensemble that I want to see more of, so I'm fine with them surviving for season 2.

Very, VERY curious to see what Gilroy and his team will concoct for this second part, but I have full faith that it can be just as good. Andor also reminded me how braindead the SW community can be: I saw a lot of takes saying "it's too much exposition", and "it's a solid show, 6/10", like there has been anything this tightly written, directed and acted in the franchise. Fuck's sake.

Agreed FalconPunch. I’m fine with people not liking it of course but the criticism from a lot of the Star Wars community boiled down to “it’s boring” and “it’s not Star Wars.”

Please @ god i am begging people to understand what exposition actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgian123 View Post
    Agreed FalconPunch. I’m fine with people not liking it of course but the criticism from a lot of the Star Wars community boiled down to “it’s boring” and “it’s not Star Wars.”
    If you are a fan of the 1977 movie and that is what you have always loved, can you blame them? Compare the srcipt, the dialogues from the original movie to this one... Of course you could love both, I do, but sadly not everyone is that versatile lol.

The whole buildup of the sudden funeral procession, matched with the Empire preparing for combat, and ending with Maarva’s speech was one of the most chilling and powerful moments in Star Wars. Incredible seeing something like this getting approved by Disney.
    ‏‏‎ ‎

Waited for the season to complete before starting and wow that first 3 eps is fantastic writing period in terms of setting up stakes and making you care about the characters. Truly helps to have a phenomenally stacked cast to imbue maximum pathos behind the words - Stellan Skarsgard must be getting his Oscar at some point?

Happy for Diego Luna leading a production of such high value! The Britell scoring for the end of episode 3! Amazing.

Episode 6 another stellar build up and rewarding high point - love the 3 episode blocks, feels like chapters of a book. The focus on interpersonal relationships between characters is excellent and a great demonstration of what tv allows for compared to film. Ensemble continues to be pretty stellar and I like how these British directors have an opportunity at a bigger budget and are fully maximising it.

Quote Originally Posted by J1359 View Post
    It wasn’t until the end credits that I realized that was Kathryn Hunter playing Syril’s mom.
    Oh my god it was bugging me that I couldn’t recognise her! How could I not recognise that voice instantly. Nina Gold pulled out all the big guns for this - the cast is peppered with everybody usual in her roster. Hope Jared Harris is in season 2 (I would dream of Olivia Colman as well but trust in Nina to play that card when appropriate)

If they got Jared Harris for season 2, i'd simply pass away.