User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Star Wars: Andor S1

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsutely View Post
    If they got Jared Harris for season 2, i'd simply pass away.
    He needs to get out of his Foundation contract I can’t believe that is getting a 3rd season. He’s a regular on Nina’s roster (The Crown, Chernobyl). She has already cast a bajillion Chernobyl actors in Andor and they are versatile enough that they seem fresh.

Harris and Skarsgard reuniting would be amazing.
    Last edited by musterd; 11-26-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by musterd View Post
    He needs to get out of his Foundation contract I can’t believe that is getting a 3rd season. He’s a regular on Nina’s roster (The Crown, Chernobyl). She has already cast a bajillion Chernobyl actors in Andor and they are versatile enough that they seem fresh.

Harris and Skarsgard reuniting would be amazing.
    Without spoiling Harris is kind of like Hopkins in Westworld on Foundation, he might only do 2 or 3 episodes per season the remaining years (or the plot could turn where he has the most screen time - idk)

I've been away so only got to watch this last night, and it was an amazing end to the season. The whole funeral procession was so powerful, and I loved the effect of Maarva giving her speech via hologram. All the characters (save Mon Mothma) converging in the same place was fun and I'm glad all of the main ones made it out. I wouldn't want to lose anyone else yet. Luna was heartbreaking and everything is made more poignant knowing as we do his ultimate fate in Rogue One.

The direction of this show is also consistently amazing - there were some great shots in this episode. The rest of the Disney+ shows need to take note of how well written and directed this whole season was. I can't imagine it's budget was signficantly more than The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan or Boba Fett, but it just looks so much better to me.

An incredible first season - I think I will re-watch now it's completed. I can't wait to see where the second season goes. And I would love Jared Harris in season 2! I hope the show's reputation grows and grows now it is all out and people can binge it and realise how great it is. They should be able to cast anyone they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    The direction of this show is also consistently amazing - there were some great shots in this episode. The rest of the Disney+ shows need to take note of how well written and directed this whole season was. I can't imagine it's budget was signficantly more than The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan or Boba Fett, but it just looks so much better to me.
    They did considerably more location shooting, Gilroy insisting on not using The Volume on the soundstage for everything, so it may very well have been more expensive. Depending on Ewan McGregor's price tag.
    The Holy Trinity:
    Satyajit, Sharmila, and Soumitra

Finished episode 9 and having listened to a couple of Tony Gilroy episodes, the amount of craft that has been invested in every facet of this show is tremendous but what I think I may appreciate most is the the clear number of rewrites that Gilroy put the scripts through before filming.

Also sat through the end credits and they really pulled together the best of the production talent behind Chernobyl and The Crown (and numerous other British tv shows) from producers, production designers, directors and cinematographers and gave them Disney money to run wild. This will smash at BAFTAs. COVID shutting down theaters then gave them every elite British theater actor who just wanted to work. Really enjoying Anton Lesser and Kathryn Hunter making a meal out of every syllable - a joy! Mark Rylance when

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    I've been away so only got to watch this last night, and it was an amazing end to the season. The whole funeral procession was so powerful, and I loved the effect of Maarva giving her speech via hologram. All the characters (save Mon Mothma) converging in the same place was fun and I'm glad all of the main ones made it out. I wouldn't want to lose anyone else yet. Luna was heartbreaking and everything is made more poignant knowing as we do his ultimate fate in Rogue One.

An incredible first season - I think I will re-watch now it's completed. I can't wait to see where the second season goes. And I would love Jared Harris in season 2! I hope the show's reputation grows and grows now it is all out and people can binge it and realise how great it is. They should be able to cast anyone they want.
    I’m absolutely rewatching as well. That finale was such great pay off and earned from whatever that was built up over the season. I highly recommend listening to Tony Gilroy interviews for this - he’s so amped up and laser focused on what he wants to achieve with this show and clearly enjoying making it to the point you can hear how invigorated he has been. He mentions that he was brought in cause he gave Kathleen Kennedy some notes a few years back on what they had planned for Star Wars and he mainly told them not to box themselves in. Think he has been given a bigger budget or at least the benefit of time to work through the scripts in a writers room (he speaks about how intense the process is cause he wanted to stress test every plot line build up)

This has to be in play for every Emmy win right? Diego Luna is just simply a Star. And when you put him in a scene with other great actors like Shaw and Skarsgard, it’s scintillating stuff where they have superb chemistry. That last scene between Cassian and Luthen is downright baller - had chills watching them!

So much fun watching this; cannot wait for more.

#ReleaseTheFuckCut

Hm, tbh, I think that is a change that is for the better.
    ‏‏‎ ‎

His kiss still thrills me, even after a millennium Hatshepsutely's Avatar
    Congrats on the 2 Critics Choice noms (though, Denise Gough and Stellan Skarsgård should've been included...)