User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 226

Thread: SAG 2023 predictions

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Banshees will not get nominated for SAG ensemble. Itís not a hot movie audience wise and the cast outside of Farrell isnít mega well known for it to earn an ensemble nom if itís already getting 3 noms.
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

  2. #122
    Senior Member divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    SAG nom com can be ruthless sometimes, we’ve seen stranger things before *cough Ellis last year cough* so imma keep it at 3. the film isn’t audience friendly outside of the people who can relate to its atmosphere, and it isn’t huge huge either so…

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,310
    Rep Power
    11
    Yeah, only 4 ďCĒ CinemaScore movies got SAG ensemble nods.

    SAG ensemble x CinemaScore

    1996: Marvinís Room - C+
    1997: Boogie Nights - C
    1999: Magnolia - C-
    2003: Adaptation. - C

  4. #124
    Heartless Vulture Kostas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62,589
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondsocial View Post
    Yeah, only 4 ďCĒ CinemaScore movies got SAG ensemble nods.

    SAG ensemble x CinemaScore

    1996: Marvinís Room - C+
    1997: Boogie Nights - C
    1999: Magnolia - C-
    2003: Adaptation. - C
    The last three were acclaimed films to overcome that. Marvin's Room is the odd one but it wasn't relived and has a great casting. Yeah, Babylon will really need to bring the luck of the movie gods here. Even a Robbie sole nom is far from given.

    Also these films got multiple individual noms.
    2022 World Cup Golden Rush here


    DEADLINE FOR THE FOURTH AND FINAL ROUND: TUESDAY 13 DECEMBER 09:59 AM PT / 13:59 AM ET

  5. #125
    Senior Member Jman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    2
    Iím confident that De Armas is in here

  6. #126
    Gremmo EOLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Portugal
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Posts
    72,683
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman23 View Post
    I’m confident that De Armas is in here
    I'll call you daddy forever if she happens here.

    Blunt Force

  7. #127
    Senior Member electric_storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,739
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesky View Post
    For what it's worth I don't think a film has gotten four individual SAG nominations and not been nominated in Ensemble.
    No there hasnít. Not sure why everyone keeps disregarding Banshees despite this, that itís Searchlightís #1 and top 3 in the race. If youíre predicting a snub here I really think you need to predict a Keoghan snub too.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    19,134
    Rep Power
    37
    Two movies dominating the nominations here with Cast + 4 individual noms each would be unprecedented, right? I mean, SAG only has 25 spots to give out and they would give 10 of those to two movies if Everything Everywhere and Banshees perform as they should. A very unique year for the guild if it happens. 60% of the supporting noms going to only two movies is almost Emmy-esque.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Jman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_storm View Post
    No there hasnít. Not sure why everyone keeps disregarding Banshees despite this, that itís Searchlightís #1 and top 3 in the race. If youíre predicting a snub here I really think you need to predict a Keoghan snub too.
    He will be snubbed

  10. #130
    Heartless Vulture Kostas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62,589
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    Two movies dominating the nominations here with Cast + 4 individual noms each would be unprecedented, right? I mean, SAG only has 25 spots to give out and they would give 10 of those to two movies if Everything Everywhere and Banshees perform as they should. A very unique year for the guild if it happens. 60% of the supporting noms going to only two movies is almost Emmy-esque.
    If you predict Keoghan snub, then you may consider a potential left Best Supporting Actor lineup with 2 lone film acting (at least) - if you go for Eddie Redmayne and Bryan Tyree Henry. Otherwise, you can go for a left name.
    2022 World Cup Golden Rush here


    DEADLINE FOR THE FOURTH AND FINAL ROUND: TUESDAY 13 DECEMBER 09:59 AM PT / 13:59 AM ET

  11. #131
    Senior Member Jman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    If you predict Keoghan snub, then you may consider a potential left Best Supporting Actor lineup with 2 lone film acting (at least) - if you go for Eddie Redmayne and Bryan Tyree Henry. Otherwise, you can go for a left name.
    Eddie Redmayne is kinda a lock there tbh. That Globe nom basically certifies he will be at SAG. Bryan could get in too.

  12. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Harlem
    Pronoun(s)
    they
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman23 View Post
    I’m confident that De Armas is in here
    I know. A sure-fire nomination.

  13. #133
    Member filibanfi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    5
    Not sure what to do with Danielle Deadwyler here. What's the stat on a relative newcomer with little-to-no name recognition making it at SAG after being snubbed by the Globes with an underseen movie that isn't about some universally known icon? If we are to attribute her missing the Globes to visibility issues, and that's probably where it's at considering how baity the performance is, then I'm not sure she's going to have it any easier here.

  14. #134
    Heartless Vulture Kostas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62,589
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by filibanfi View Post
    Not sure what to do with Danielle Deadwyler here. What's the stat on a relative newcomer with little-to-no name recognition making it at SAG after being snubbed by the Globes with an underseen movie that isn't about some universally known icon? If we are to attribute her missing the Globes to visibility issues, and that's probably where it's at considering how baity the performance is, then I'm not sure she's going to have it any easier here.
    Catalina Sandino Moreno in 2004. And if you include Best Actor Demian Bichir in 2011.
    2022 World Cup Golden Rush here


    DEADLINE FOR THE FOURTH AND FINAL ROUND: TUESDAY 13 DECEMBER 09:59 AM PT / 13:59 AM ET

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Venice, Italy
    Posts
    4,924
    Rep Power
    13
    Yeah I'm toying with a possible Deadwyler snub too, but I'm not even sure De Armas would be taking her place, while I could see them going with Jennifer Lawrence.

  16. #136
    Chile.. Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Portmania
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Posts
    14,230
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Yeah I'm toying with a possible Deadwyler snub too, but I'm not even sure De Armas would be taking her place, while I could see them going with Jennifer Lawrence.
    JLaw doesnt even have more traction than her co-star for a tiny movie. Also, why do some of you keep insisting that a SAG nom happens precisely because of a Globe nom? Kristen Stewart made it everywhere and still wound up missing SAG because they did not like Spencer

  17. #137
    Senior Member electric_storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,739
    Rep Power
    52
    Deadwyler didn't miss Globe because of visibility issues, she missed because members weren't into the film.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,931
    Rep Power
    10
    Yeah, Iím pretty sure itís written or tweeted somewhere that the HFPA did not care for Till. Not expecting Deadwyler to have that same problem at SAG with the industry acclaim she has and the baity performance she gives in a film that is rather well-liked by those whoíve seen it.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11,754
    Rep Power
    24
    Ensemble

    1. EEAAO
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Woman King
    4. Top Gun Maverick
    5. Glass Onion

    Women Talking just seems like a No1curr

    Actor

    1. Butler, Elvis
    2. Fraser, The Whale
    3. Farrell, Banshees of Inisherin
    4. Nighy, Living
    5. Cruise, Maverick

    Not confident about Cruise. Feels like a baity performance could happen instead. Will try to watch The Inspection because I have feeling Pope might get in instead. Not ruling out Smith.

    Actress

    1. Yeoh, EEAAO
    2. Williams, The Fabelmans
    3. Blanchett, TAR
    4. Davis, The Woman King
    5. Deadwyler, Till

    Not confident about Deadwyler. Could be Robbie instead despite the RT audience score for Babylon and the movie bombing at the box office

    Supporting Actor

    1. Quan, EEAAO
    2. Gleeson, Banshees of Inisherin
    3. Dano, The Fabelmans
    4. Redmayne, The Good Nurse
    5. Henry, Causeway

    Really don’t think Keoghan is getting a nom.

    Supporting Actress

    1. Condon, Banshees of Inisherin
    2. Curtis, EEAAO
    3. Bassett, Wakanda Forever
    4. Monae, Glass Onion
    5. Chau, The Whale

    Not confident about Chau. Could be Hsu instead.

  20. #140
    Gremmo EOLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Portugal
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Posts
    72,683
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by alittle003 View Post
    Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s written or tweeted somewhere that the HFPA did not care for Till. Not expecting Deadwyler to have that same problem at SAG with the industry acclaim she has and the baity performance she gives in a film that is rather well-liked by those who’ve seen it.
    It was what Cedric or Cricket (I can't remember which one) said about the FIPRESCI members.

    Blunt Force

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •