User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will be nominated? Predict 8!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adjoa Andoh, Bridgerton

1 1.75%
  • Maude Apatow, Euphoria

1 1.75%
  • Patricia Arquette, Severance

48 84.21%
  • Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age

4 7.02%
  • Denée Benton, The Gilded Age

0 0%
  • Jasmin Savoy Brown, Yellowjackets

0 0%
  • Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things

21 36.84%
  • Glenn Close, Tehran

1 1.75%
  • Olivia Cooke, Slow Horses

0 0%
  • Nicola Coughlan, Bridgerton

0 0%
  • Sophia Di Martino, Loki

0 0%
  • Phoebe Dynevor, Bridgerton

0 0%
  • Sally Field, Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

1 1.75%
  • Cassandra Freeman, Bel-Air

0 0%
  • Julia Garner, Ozark

54 94.74%
  • Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game

50 87.72%
  • Gaby Hoffmann, Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

0 0%
  • Coco Jones, Bel-Air

0 0%
  • Kim Joo-ryoung, Squid Game

21 36.84%
  • Rinko Kikuchi, Tokyo Vice

0 0%
  • Christine Lahti, Evil

0 0%
  • Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show

4 7.02%
  • Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Loki

0 0%
  • Melissa McCarthy, Nine Perfect Strangers

2 3.51%
  • Audra McDonald, The Gilded Age

1 1.75%
  • Audra McDonald, The Good Fight

0 0%
  • Chrissy Metz, This Is Us

3 5.26%
  • Sophie Nélisse, Yellowjackets

0 0%
  • Cynthia Nixon, The Gilded Age

0 0%
  • Karen Pittman, The Morning Show

0 0%
  • Ella Purnell, Yellowjackets

1 1.75%
  • Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets

45 78.95%
  • Hadley Robinson, Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

0 0%
  • Hunter Schafer, Euphoria

1 1.75%
  • Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul

18 31.58%
  • Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve

5 8.77%
  • Sadie Sink, Stranger Things

17 29.82%
  • J. Smith-Cameron, Succession

46 80.70%
  • Sarah Snook, Succession

55 96.49%
  • Sydney Sweeney, Euphoria

25 43.86%
  • Sophie Thatcher, Yellowjackets

2 3.51%
  • Kristin Scott Thomas, Slow Horses

0 0%
  • Susan Kelechi Watson, This Is Us

5 8.77%
  • Youn Yuh-jung, Pachinko

11 19.30%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emmys: Who Will Be Nominated? - Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Senior Member DameOctaviaSpencer's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by leothescorpio View Post
    Did people forget that Schnapp should have won for Season 2 of Stranger Things and he didn't even get the nom? The Emmys hate teenagers.
    She's 20. Scnapp was like 13.

Quote Originally Posted by DameOctaviaSpencer View Post
    She's 20. Scnapp was like 13.
    Also she has more buzz than he did and the Dear Billy episode has way more buzz than any S2 episode showcasing Schnapp.
    Haven’t watched some of these other contenders but I can’t believe she doesn’t get nominated.

Schnapp buzz didn’t exist outside of awards forums

Quote Originally Posted by CarlJr View Post
    Really only the top 4 I feel confident are safe,definitely think St. Patty and Ricci are vulnerable if their shows underperform.
    What is underperforming? Think that Ricci could get in even if Yellowjackets misses series (or writing). She likely misses if the voters decide to vote for only a bunch of shows (and tick 3 or 4 supporting actresses from those shows).
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Quixote View Post
    Ho-yeon could’ve won in Lead imo
    Not with Zendaya in lead. Zendaya has arguably the most Emmy lock episode in recent time (though personally I would go with Lynskey). However Ho-yeon has an excellent chance winning in supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno's Ponytail View Post
    Agreed that Snook deserves to win, but Garner has had this locked since her big line that became an internet meme.
    She is most definitely not a lock. I don't think she would lose to Snook. However I think it is very likely that Ho-yeon is winning this. Ozark diehards are really underestimating the impact that Ho-yeon made on viewers for Squid Game. An absolutely beloved performance by a newcomer in the phenomenon of the year.

Personally I would go with either Youn Yuh-jung or Sophie Rundle. But I think Ho-yeon is winning this one going away.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    She could've easily won against Zendaya.

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Patricia Arquette, Severance
    Julia Garner, Ozark
    Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
    Sadie Sink, Stranger Things
    J. Smith-Cameron, Succession
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    Sydney Sweeney, Euphoria
    Youn Yuh-jung, Pachinko

Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets

super-cute hipster dreamboat Rosamund's Avatar
    1 Garner
    2 Jung
    3 Snook
    4 Smith-Cameron
    5 Kim
    6 Arquette
    7 Ricci
    8 Shaw
    please believe
    there is still time for you to be
    all that you want to be
    there is time

Seth Meyers is on the #RheaSeehornTrain as well! Marvelous.

https://twitter.com/sethmeyers/statu...13885236678656

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Hmmm...yeah I'll settle on Sydney lol

Serious question I've had for a few pages now: why is everyone so adamant on J. Smith Cameron getting in? I mean, I would love a nom for her, but I've been seriously reconsidering her position, after realizing how tough of a category this is.

She didn't have anything big this season, her role has always been a very subdued one, and it gets weirder when pitting her against the competition: Snook is a previous nominee and arguably Succession's main pony here, Garner is a previous winner (and both have big material in their seasons), Sink has the overall media hype on the exact right time, Ricci is playing a colorful psychopath on a dark horse show, Hoyeon's perf won SAG against tough competition, and Arquette is a previous winner on a remarkable role in Apple's main pony. All of them have some respectable level of bait.

Then add to the equation Seehorn with the overdue narrative that's building behind her, Youn who is uber baity on Apple's underdog show, Sweeney who has internet buzz and will be the main push from a show that has had success with the Emmys, MBB who even though feels shakier, is still a previous nominee and had decent material this season.

So, taking all this into account, my question is: aren't we relying too much on this idea of "Voters will default to Succession in a bunch of stuff because it's the frontrunner"? Because, like it or not, this is not a normal year, it's incredibly competitive and in situations like this, it's the passion picks that tend to have a better leg. And I feel like hers doesn't have much, at least not as much as the competition mentioned above, even though I, again, would love to see her nominated.

Holly Hunter failed to get in for Succession last time despite being a much bigger name with much better material than JSC. The latter's near lock status is confounding to me.

Pronoun(s)
    he/him
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconPunch View Post
    Serious question I've had for a few pages now: why is everyone so adamant on J. Smith Cameron getting in? I mean, I would love a nom for her, but I've been seriously reconsidering her position, after realizing how tough of a category this is.

She didn't have anything big this season, her role has always been a very subdued one, and it gets weirder when pitting her against the competition: Snook is a previous nominee and arguably Succession's main pony here, Garner is a previous winner (and both have big material in their seasons), Sink has the overall media hype on the exact right time, Ricci is playing a colorful psychopath on a dark horse show, Hoyeon's perf won SAG against tough competition, and Arquette is a previous winner on a remarkable role in Apple's main pony. All of them have some respectable level of bait.

Then add to the equation Seehorn with the overdue narrative that's building behind her, Youn who is uber baity on Apple's underdog show, Sweeney who has internet buzz and will be the main push from a show that has had success with the Emmys, MBB who even though feels shakier, is still a previous nominee and had decent material this season.

So, taking all this into account, my question is: aren't we relying too much on this idea of "Voters will default to Succession in a bunch of stuff because it's the frontrunner"? Because, like it or not, this is not a normal year, it's incredibly competitive and in situations like this, it's the passion picks that tend to have a better leg. And I feel like hers doesn't have much, at least not as much as the competition mentioned above, even though I, again, would love to see her nominated.
    the sneak. how many snubs is it gonna take for this to end?

Quote Originally Posted by Couv View Post
    Holly Hunter failed to get in for Succession last time despite being a much bigger name with much better material than JSC. The latter's near lock status is confounding to me.
    But that year was much more competitive. 4 previous winners for the same roles, 1 previous nominee, Sarah Snook in the series winner plus Meryl Streep and Helena Bonham Carter.

I also think she's far from a sure thing, but I feel it is very reasonable to think that she might go along with the Succession love and the unlimited ballot, specially when most times internet buzz doesn't translate into a nomination

Pronoun(s)
    (this is NOT Sasha btw)
    I really don't think Succession has broken out in terms of nominations at the Emmys frankly. Usually once a show wins Series, it tends to gain even more acting nominations the year after it won such (Homeland having Patinkin + Baccarin the year after, Game of Thrones having Williams, Coster-Waldau, and Harrington the year after it won, The Handmaid's Tale's ton of supporting actresses in 2018 etc), Succession can still max out further with Alan Ruck, J. Smith-Cameron, and the guest actors. I think it will really do well with nominations. Whether it's deserving or not is a different matter.
    This August, we're celebrating Michelle and Ethan!

Join the Pfeiffer Canon & Hawke Canon!

Quote Originally Posted by mbl View Post
    But that year was much more competitive. 4 previous winners for the same roles, 1 previous nominee, Sarah Snook in the series winner plus Meryl Streep and Helena Bonham Carter.
    4 previous winners but 3 of them were in shows constantly declining and barely holding on for life. I don't think they would necessarily constitute as strong competition. Neither would Shaw for Killing Eve tbh. On paper, Hunter should've gotten in before half of those people. And even if that year was more competitive, Hunter was stronger than JSC on basically every front so there's that. The prediction itself isn't unreasonable (mostly) but I'm just not sure the latter should be so high given everything. There's a limit to how far voters will go checking off everyone just on the strength of the show they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by klariso View Post
    I really don't think Succession has broken out in terms of nominations at the Emmys frankly. Usually once a show wins Series, it tends to gain even more acting nominations the year after it won such (Homeland having Patinkin + Baccarin the year after, Game of Thrones having Williams, Coster-Waldau, and Harrington the year after it won, The Handmaid's Tale's ton of supporting actresses in 2018 etc), Succession can still max out further with Alan Ruck, J. Smith-Cameron, and the guest actors. I think it will really do well with nominations. Whether it's deserving or not is a different matter.
    But Succession already got its Patinkins, Harringtons and Strahovskis nominated, all people in very prominent roles. It's not like Ted Lasso is expected to grow or even The Crown next year tbh. All thanks to the current nominating system.
    Last edited by Couv; 06-29-2022 at 04:02 AM.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    This Smith-Cameron doubt

I see we’re getting to that time where the nominations just need to come out already

Smith-Cameron appears to be sixth in the poll currently? I think that sounds about right.

I'm predicting her, but don't feel incredibly confident about her. I assume that's probably how most people feel?

I'm not so sure folks are necessarily "adamant" about her.

Final predictions...

Patricia Arquette, Severance
    Julia Garner, Ozark
    Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
    Kim Joo-ryoung, Squid Game
    Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
    J. Smith-Cameron, Succession
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    Sydney Sweeney, Euphoria

next in line: Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things; Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show; Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul; Sadie Sink, Stranger Things; Youn Yuh-jung, Pachinko

Final Predictions
    1. Julia Garner, Ozark
    2. Sarah Snook, Succession
    3. Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
    4. Patricia Arquette, Severance
    5. J. Smith-Cameron, Succession
    6. Kim Joo-ryoung, Squid Game
    7. Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things
    8. Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets

The top three are obviously 100% locked, and I feel very confident in Arquette happening, even if Severance underperforms. Smith-Cameron and Joo-ryoung should be able to go along for the ride if Succession and Squid Game are as strong as I suspect, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them miss. Going with MBB next since she's a previous nominee and Stranger Things peaked at the perfect time as nomination voting started. And then Ricci for the final slot since she's campaigning and I think Yellowjackets will be strong.