User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718

Thread: Stranger Things: Season 4

yeah, one thing i liked about the early episodes is that we got to see plot development outside the main Vecna arc, such as Eleven having trouble at school with that bitch who was bullying her.

Senior Member DameOctaviaSpencer's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by babz View Post
    Eddie was fine but not needed. He was a superfluous character at the end of the day that served no purpose and his death wasnít surprising. He took too much screen time along with Jason. (Imo)
    This.

I get that some of you disliked Eddie and thought that as a new character he got too much focus, but I really donít see how you can call his character superfluous or say he served no purpose. A main part of the Hawkins plot revolved around him being wrongly pusecuted for the Vecna murders, and the Hawkins crew trying to find Vecna in order to save Max and exonerate him. You know what I found superfluous and serving no purpose? The entire storyline in Russia. What was the point of any of it? How did it connect to anything going on in Hawkins? It really didnít (although they tried with the ďkilling the demodogs will weaken VecnaĒ, it really didnít feel like that played any part). It dragged so much and was really repetitive.
    Also superfluous and unnecessary? The whole side plot at Suzieís house.

I get that for some people, if a character is new, they just donít care at this point and consider them cannon fodder, but I can totally see why Eddie became so popular so quickly. I guess that makes him even more annoying to some fans of the show. Oh well.

Anyway, heís dead, heís not coming back (I donít buy any if the theories), so Iíll just hope Joseph Quinn gets some nice follow up roles thank to this performance, because that was a great showcase for him.

Ugh I wish we could have an alternate universe where Hopper stayed dead and Joyce had a more exciting storyline.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I get that some of you disliked Eddie and thought that as a new character he got too much focus, but I really don’t see how you can call his character superfluous or say he served no purpose. A main part of the Hawkins plot revolved around him being wrongly pusecuted for the Vecna murders, and the Hawkins crew trying to find Vecna in order to save Max and exonerate him. You know what I found superfluous and serving no purpose? The entire storyline in Russia. What was the point of any of it? How did it connect to anything going on in Hawkins? It really didn’t (although they tried with the “killing the demodogs will weaken Vecna”, it really didn’t feel like that played any part). It dragged so much and was really repetitive.
    Also superfluous and unnecessary? The whole side plot at Suzie’s house.

I get that for some people, if a character is new, they just don’t care at this point and consider them cannon fodder, but I can totally see why Eddie became so popular so quickly. I guess that makes him even more annoying to some fans of the show. Oh well.

Anyway, he’s dead, he’s not coming back (I don’t buy any if the theories), so I’ll just hope Joseph Quinn gets some nice follow up roles thank to this performance, because that was a great showcase for him.
    Eh, his character being at center of a sub-plot doesn't mean he wasn't any superficial. He was your typical troubled/messy/misunderstood boy, that spent half season hiding while adding nothing to the story, then he got to be a hero for a scene. He hasn't done anything remotely exciting or unexpected, it's just that he fit to the gang as the only actual addition to the young cast next to that annoying long-haired guy. It's not that big of a deal in my book. But I get it why people liked him, it's just I didn't care. Same as the Jason character, or the long-haired guy repeating his Booksmart performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DameOctaviaSpencer View Post
    Eh, his character being at center of a sub-plot doesn't mean he wasn't any superficial. He was your typical troubled/messy/misunderstood boy, that spent half season hiding while adding nothing to the story, then he got to be a hero for a scene. He hasn't done anything remotely exciting or unexpected, it's just that he fit to the gang as the only actual addition to the young cast next to that annoying long-haired guy. It's not that big of a deal in my book. But I get it why people liked him, it's just I didn't care. Same as the Jason character, or the long-haired guy repeating his Booksmart performance.
    Talk about someone that would've been a good riddance. I was spending around 5 episodes hoping he would be Vecnas next victim only to realize that he wasn't even eligible. Also what was that brief scene where the oldest sister of the smart girl that was not Erika gets stoned with him? Way to introduce an undeveloped character that was teasing us as Allie Sheedy hommage only to not show up anymore after that?

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by tnb View Post
    Talk about someone that would've been a good riddance. I was spending around 5 episodes hoping he would be Vecnas next victim only to realize that he wasn't even eligible. Also what was that brief scene where the oldest sister of the smart girl that was not Erika gets stoned with him? Way to introduce an undeveloped character that was teasing us as Allie Sheedy hommage only to not show up anymore after that?
    Lol indeed. Well he was too happy/stoned to be on Vecna's list, but I hoped he'd get shot or something

Oh yeah Argyle was the most annoying addition to this season (Myabe aside from Yuri. Ugh that forced redemption arc they shoe-horned for him at the end, don’t get me started).

Honestly, I really hope that next season the action all takes place in Hawkins, and any remnants from the California storyline are dispensed with. Don’t give me Argyle hanging out in Hawkins, don’t give me a follow up on what happened to Angela the bully. And please - don’t introduce any lovable new characters just to kill them off.

^^ They have shown their appreciation of that scene since day one, so not surprised at all they incorporated it into their show.

Meanwhile, Joseph Quinn was really charming in his late night debut on Fallon. I doubt he’s coming back for season 5 but I can’t wait to see him in more roles.

ETA: Just saw that he actually got to meet Metallica and get the guitar! Super cool.
    Last edited by Jenna; 07-29-2022 at 06:21 PM.

I loved it too!!!
    I actually thought it's like the one with Brian May at the ends of the POTU song:

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    Did they take that metal scene with Eddie playing the guitar from Queen's "Princes of Universe" video!!! It was a blast