User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Early 2023 Emmy Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    AMC+ is kind of where things go to die unfortunately. I’ve been really looking forward to that show since it was announced so I’m excited to eventually get around to it.
    Yep. AMC+ is code for "no one has any confidence this British show will translate to the US market"

Pronoun(s)
    They/Them
    Quote Originally Posted by JotB View Post
    Guess we what Maya's submission for Loot will be

I mean she got a nomination when she did a similar sketch on SNL a few season ago

So if Succession S4 will miss these Emmys, how many returning Drama Series contenders will we have?

Better Call Saul
    The Mandalorian
    The Crown
    The Handmaid's Tale
    The Boys

+ maybe Yellowstone if they will get their first Series nom this year.

Seems like another 2021 race, hopefully there will be some great new shows and it won't be a default win for The Crown.

Potentially Severance and Yellowjackets as well, depending on the release date and the nomination showing this year respectively. There's some big new shows in House of the Dragon, The Last of Us etc as well. Seems more like 2022 than 2021 to me.

Apple shows have been airing reliably every, with the expedition of The Morning Show, the longest gaps between season has only been 14 months. Itís likely going to be April 2022 at worst.

Yellowjackets are filming back in Canada mid-August and the head of Showtimes wants to go continue airing annually, given how it airs weekly, it can still go for a November airdate and still finish up in post.

Thereís also Bridgerton season 3 if Season 2 ends up nominated as well.

Pronoun(s)
    Him/He
    All I want is an Antony Starr nom

Better Call Saul
    The Crown
    The Handmaidís Tale
    House of the Dragon
    The Last of Us
    The Mandalorian
    Severance

Plus someone else and this seems like a safe bet so far to me. Iím currently predicting The Last of Us to win, but maybe The Crown smashes again with the Diana death.

I will be very surprised if The Last of Us will be good enough to win. It's just not that special if you remove the interactive element of it, yet another post-apocalyptic setting, yet another father-daughter dynamic. It will be well-made and HBO will push it for a Drama Series nom, but a win? They will have to expand the game's narrative and find something original to tell with that premise. Otherwise I think many people will be underwhelmed after all the hype.

Not to mention that on the acting side it will be very hard for Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey to replace the original actors/CGI performances. The performances of those two actors/characters in the game are truly the best the entire video gaming medium can offer, capturing the same kind of magic won't be easy. I can already tell that a lot of people will be like "these two actors are good/fine, but they aren't Joel and Ellie".
    Last edited by Vektor; 07-06-2022 at 11:18 AM.

I donít necessarily think it will win Series but itís from the Chernobyl producers and they have hired multiple promising indie directors. Itís not going to be your typical video game adaptation just like the material itself is more respected than your average game. I expect Pedro Pascal to be frontrunner for the lead actor Emmy.

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    So without Strong/Cox, Bateman and eternal Brown what does the field look like? Bob Odenkirk, Pedro Pascal, Jonathan Pryce and? I don't see Starr ever happening.
    RayB

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    I donít think itís impossible for Succession to come back in time. Iíd also expect Dominic West to be lead and Pryce supporting given the category placements the last time The Crown was eligible.

Adam Scott, Matthew Rhys and Jeff Bridges will be in the mix. Scott, in particular, is probably a lock if Severance is back and Succession isnít, especially if he happens at the Emmyís this year. Maybe someone from House of Dragon is lead? Matt Smith looks prominent in the trailer. Andrew Scott could be in contention too for Ripley. Kevin Costner for Yellowstone is there as well.

Westworld also is returning. But depending on how the reception to this season goes it should factor into nominations at a minimum for tech nominations.

Jayne Houdyshell for Guest Actress immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JotB View Post
    Jayne Houdyshell for Guest Actress immediately.
    She's probably going supporting cause she'll be a few seconds in every episode.
    #BRAZ

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianmovies View Post
    She's probably going supporting cause she'll be a few seconds in every episode.
    Yeah it seems theyíve shown that scene with Selena in her apt every episode so far

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    She and MacLaine deserve.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Amy Ryan will probably be guest eligible too.

That's My Purse! I Don't Know You! Abby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryfan04 View Post
    Give Assayas a directing Emmy nom, plz.
    He deserves it, but HBO clearly doesnít give a fuck about Irma Vep

He shouldíve won the directing Emmy for Carlos instead of whoever won for Downton Abbey.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Congrats to Taron Egerton, Paul Walter Hauser, and Ray Liotta on their Emmy noms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don’t think it’s impossible for Succession to come back in time. I’d also expect Dominic West to be lead and Pryce supporting given the category placements the last time The Crown was eligible.

Adam Scott, Matthew Rhys and Jeff Bridges will be in the mix. Scott, in particular, is probably a lock if Severance is back and Succession isn’t, especially if he happens at the Emmy’s this year. Maybe someone from House of Dragon is lead? Matt Smith looks prominent in the trailer. Andrew Scott could be in contention too for Ripley. Kevin Costner for Yellowstone is there as well.
    I don't know whether they'll submit someone for House of The Dragon in lead - they never did for early seasons of GoT (If they do though, it's either Smith or Ifans. Given Smith has previously been nominated, probably him).