5. @AHiddenEnthu- Marie LaforÍt
    6. @Pingy - Yusuf aka. Cat Stevens
    7. @24Emmy - Heart
    8. @GeorgeEastman - Smokie
    9. @Macca - Cupcakke
    10. @Nora - Scorpions
    11. @McTeague - Janis Joplin
    12. @Addison de Witt - Sufjan Stevens

The rules are the same as always - you will need to submit TWELVE songs. It's up to you if you want to do it one-by-one, or submit them all together - just make sure they're in on time!

Make sure you include links to a good quality version of the song on YouTube! I can't choose them on your behalf.

Please submit as follows:

Artist - "Song Title" (YouTube link)

eg. Talking Heads - "Road to Nowhere" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA)

Please submit ONLY under the round you want to play. Each of the twelve rounds has a box below, so make sure you submit them under the correct round, since I may not notice if you place them under different rounds.

You are allowed to edit, but if you do so, please make sure you indicate it clearly that it has changed. Do you by writing the word [EDITED] before the new submission. So for example, it would look like this:

eg. [EDITED] Talking Heads - "This Must Be the Place" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA)

If you do multiple edits, then obviously indicate it as well

eg. [EDITED 2] Talking Heads - "Once in a Lifetime" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA)

Please make sure you send your newest submission BEFORE the most recent round closes. I really don't want to chase people up for submissions, so make sure you do it on time to prevent a delay!

Please check if the form is working for you ASAP, since I won't be accepting PMed submissions (unless in extraordinary circumstances).

We'll get started on Monday (or if everyone submits before that, then we could start sooner)
    Last edited by The Dark Poet; 08-13-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Pronoun(s)
    He
    @The Dark Poet Iíve just submitted my first one but the link doesnít fit in the space so Iím not sure if you received, can read it correctly.
    Also since I received a chance to play him again, Iím trying not to repeat a song, even though I could. But Sufjan discography is extense enough and I also want to play a bit outside from the most typical of his songs.

Pronoun(s)
    Scum
    12 GOAT songs submitted

"And there on top of his head were faces like she had seen only in a dream, almost too beautiful to be recognized as people at all:
    the most beautiful woman and the most beautiful man in the world, she the female version of him, and he the male version of her
    "

Submitted my first 6 choices.

Submitted!

"Like Sally Field, even though that's two names it's still one." Sallegend.

24Emmy

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Omg Lou Reed, Janis, Cat Stevens

Can't wait.
    RayB

Sent my first five submissions.

Pronoun(s)
    Scum
    Start the game already

"And there on top of his head were faces like she had seen only in a dream, almost too beautiful to be recognized as people at all:
    the most beautiful woman and the most beautiful man in the world, she the female version of him, and he the male version of her
    "

Pronoun(s)
    It
    So, I've been talking with @The Dark Poet and a few people more, and, as of now (and unless TDP changes his mind, feel free to do so!) the following things have been agreed:

- The next Music Idol Season will be a Classic Composers season

- Because voting has decreased a lot even in regular, less niche seasons, we've agreed it's better to reduce the number of participants. Maybe voters are daunted by the prospect of having to listen to TWELVE pieces each two days, which can amount to around 50 minutes, and in 12 rounds that means 600 minutes. So, at least for the Classic Composers season, we've talked about 6 or 7 players, and only 9 rounds (8 regular ones, + a finale).

- Only in the Classic Composers season, a rule will be made about the length of the pieces, since so many of them are over 10 minutes long. This rule, as all the others, is subject to discussion, of course. As of now, I had thought that in even rounds half the players have to choose a piece below 8 minutes, and in odd rounds the other half of players will have to pick below 8 minutes. In the 9th round (finale) the length is free.

- Because TDP is rightfully and undesrtandably tired after hosting so many things last month(s), the Classic Composers Season will probably be hosted by me, exceptionally, and of course unless TDP wants to run it himself. It will probably take place in January 2023, because I have Actress of the Month in October, Painter Idol in November, and December isn't a good time for these games, with Awards Season in full swing and people paying attention mostly to film news. January tends to be a slower moment, after the first rush of awards and before Oscar nominations.

- I've checked with some people to see if there would be interest in the Classic Composers season, and the following people have confirmed their participation:

- @affy18 - Brahms or Haydn
    - @Alvy Singer - Mendelssohn
    - @francesco-natale - TBD (as of now, maybe Rossini, maybe Richard Strauss... Verdi, Puccini... )
    - McTeague - DvořŠk
    - @Nora - Albinoni

So, we have already 5 of the 6/7 players. Anyone else wants to play? I'm gonna tag people who participated in previous Classic seasons: @CitizenKian , @GeorgeEastman , @Macca ... Wanna play? Well, also @Blasty and @MorganaleFey , but they're sadly absent these days. But of course if anyone else wants to, they can. The first two to raise the hand get the spot!

PAINTER IDOL
    BASK. REJOICE. VOTE.

https://awardsworthy.org/forumdispla...l-Competitions

Pronoun(s)
    He
    Quote Originally Posted by McTeague View Post
    So, I've been talking with @The Dark Poet and a few people more, and, as of now (and unless TDP changes his mind, feel free to do so!) the following things have been agreed:

- The next Music Idol Season will be a Classic Composers season

- Because voting has decreased a lot even in regular, less niche seasons, we've agreed it's better to reduce the number of participants. Maybe voters are daunted by the prospect of having to listen to TWELVE pieces each two days, which can amount to around 50 minutes, and in 12 rounds that means 600 minutes. So, at least for the Classic Composers season, we've talked about 6 or 7 players, and only 9 rounds (8 regular ones, + a finale).

- Only in the Classic Composers season, a rule will be made about the length of the pieces, since so many of them are over 10 minutes long. This rule, as all the others, is subject to discussion, of course. As of now, I had thought that in even rounds half the players have to choose a piece below 8 minutes, and in odd rounds the other half of players will have to pick below 8 minutes. In the 9th round (finale) the length is free.

- Because TDP is rightfully and undesrtandably tired after hosting so many things last month(s), the Classic Composers Season will probably be hosted by me, exceptionally, and of course unless TDP wants to run it himself. It will probably take place in January 2023, because I have Actress of the Month in October, Painter Idol in November, and December isn't a good time for these games, with Awards Season in full swing and people paying attention mostly to film news. January tends to be a slower moment, after the first rush of awards and before Oscar nominations.

- I've checked with some people to see if there would be interest in the Classic Composers season, and the following people have confirmed their participation:

- @affy18 - Brahms or Haydn
    - @Alvy Singer - Mendelssohn
    - @francesco-natale - TBD (as of now, maybe Rossini, maybe Richard Strauss... Verdi, Puccini... )
    - McTeague - DvořŠk
    - @Nora - Albinoni

So, we have already 5 of the 6/7 players. Anyone else wants to play? I'm gonna tag people who participated in previous Classic seasons: @CitizenKian , @GeorgeEastman , @Macca ... Wanna play? Well, also @Blasty and @MorganaleFey , but they're sadly absent these days. But of course if anyone else wants to, they can. The first two to raise the hand get the spot!
    I can get reducing the number of players (not necesarily agree) since it impacts directly in reducing the time of each playlist but I don’t think is useful to reduce the number or rounds tbh. 12 is a very adequate number imho.
    And anw I’m not sure even reducing the number of players the vote would increase much.

The 10 minutes max is common sense because people doesn’t have unlimited time. One of my top favorite Sufjan songs is “Imposible Soul” which is over 20 minutes but I totally took it out of consideration.

One thing I would change is eliminating the mid Season bonus. It makes no sense to add points to the first place (plus second, third) after 6 rounds making even more difficult to catch up.
    Last edited by Addison de Witt; 09-16-2022 at 06:11 AM.

Pronoun(s)
    It
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison de Witt View Post
    I can get reducing the number of players (not necesarily agree) since it impacts in reducing the time of each playlist but I don’t think is useful to reduce the number or rounds tbh. 12 is a very adequate number imho.
    And anw I’m not sure even reducing the number of players the vote would increase much.

The 10 minutes max is common sense because people doesn’t have unlimited time. One of my top favorite Sufjan songs is “Imposible Soul” which is over 20 minutes but I totally take out of consideration.
    Oh, the rounds limit is only for the Classic Season. It's a very niche game that already had low voting even when these games were more popular, so it's just a matter of not taking too much time from other seasons, plus an attempt to make it less daunting for people less inclined to classic music. Same with the time limits, it's only for Classic Season, since the pieces are generally longer than in popular music.

And obviously every other rule is debatable depending on whether they work or not. So I guess, if the first regular season with fewer players still gets an equally low amount of voters, then it's maybe good to keep it at 12. Personally speaking (and strictly personally) I think regular seasons would be less daunting with a maximum of 8 players. That already is a lot for a Classic Season, where the pieces tend to range between 4+ minutes and 15-20. So, IMO, 6-7 for a Classic season, 8-10 for other seasons. But 10 feels like too short a decrease and too small a difference. If all songs are 4-5 minutes, 10 players is still circa 50 minutes.

PAINTER IDOL
    BASK. REJOICE. VOTE.

Pronoun(s)
    He
    Oh, the rounds limit is only for the Classic Season. It's a very niche game that already had low voting even when these games were more popular, so it's just a matter of not taking too much time from other seasons, plus an attempt to make it less daunting for people less inclined to classic music. Same with the time limits, it's only for Classic Season, since the pieces are generally longer than in popular music.

And obviously every other rule is debatable depending on whether they work or not. So I guess, if the first regular season with fewer players still gets an equally low amount of voters, then it's maybe good to keep it at 12. Personally speaking (and strictly personally) I think regular seasons would be less daunting with a maximum of 8 players. That already is a lot for a Classic Season, where the pieces tend to range between 4+ minutes and 15-20. So, IMO, 6-7 for a Classic season, 8-10 for other seasons. But 10 feels like too short a decrease and too small a difference. If all songs are 4-5 minutes, 10 players is still circa 50 minutes.
    Ok. Thanks for clarify is for Classic Season but it’s good discussing this anw.
    10-12 players, agree not much difference but less than 10 I don’t agree, at least for regular games. And also I’d keep the number of rounds because it really don’t make a difference imho in vote participation (since a new round and a new playlist starts with each round).

Pronoun(s)
    It
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison de Witt View Post
    Ok. Thanks for clarify is for Classic Season but it’s good discussing this anw.
    10-12 players, agree not much difference but less than 10 I don’t agree, at least for regular games. And also I’d keep the number of rounds because it really don’t make a difference imho in vote participation (since a new round and a new playlist starts with each round).
    IMO, it's important to pay attention to the players-voters ratio. If we're 12 people playing, and only 16 people voting, it's mostly us voting for ourselves, which, besides being a little too circle-jerky, is also a ratio that makes strategy become much more important than it should. So, by significantly decreasing the number of participants, even if the number of voters doesn't grow, and provided the non-player who usually voted keeps voting even if they don't play this time, at least will make the result less biased.

Poster Clash and Painter Idol seem to have settled, after their initial success, on a ratio of around 3 times as many voters as there are players. That's a healthy ratio that makes the game funnier and the results unpredictable. IMO, less that double the voters than the players is a dubious game. I'll probably stop doing Painter Idol for a long while if the number of voters decreases below double the players. Or, implement measures like cutting down the number of players per season: smaller but more frequent seasons is a possible way to make them funnier again: the people who couldn't play one season will be anxious to play the next.

PAINTER IDOL
    BASK. REJOICE. VOTE.

Pronoun(s)
    Scum
    I said way back that less players would be ideal, and maybe fewer rounds too. Like 8-10 players and 10 rounds sounds great to me, so kudos for what

"

Pronoun(s)
    It
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeEastman View Post
    I said way back that less players would be ideal, and maybe fewer rounds too. Like 8-10 players and 10 rounds sounds great to me, so kudos for what
    But whaddayasay about Classic Season! You did well with Bach. Wanna try someone else?

PAINTER IDOL
    BASK. REJOICE. VOTE.

Pronoun(s)
    Scum
    But whaddayasay about Classic Season! You did well with Bach. Wanna try someone else?
    I mean I know basically nothing, but I can play Grieg(?) and submit a roster with enough googling

"

Pronoun(s)
    It
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeEastman View Post
    I mean I know basically nothing, but I can play Grieg(?) and submit a roster with enough googling
    Haha, good enough for me!

PAINTER IDOL
    BASK. REJOICE. VOTE.

Pronoun(s)
    Scum
    Haha, good enough for me!

"

January will be great

November Predictions

Best Picture
    Best Actress
    Best Actor
    Best Supporting Actress
    Best Supporting Actor
    Best Adapted Screenplay
    Best Original Screenplay
    Best Director
    Best International Feature Film