User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Random Drag Race Thoughts and Lists

Pronoun(s)
    he/him
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDarling View Post
    Krystal Versace & Violet Chachki for Fashion Photo Ruview hosts for this season of All Winners please.

If not Krystal, then Aquaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I want Symone and Gottmik!
    All great choices

Howdy!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDarling View Post
    Krystal Versace & Violet Chachki for Fashion Photo Ruview hosts for this season of All Winners please.

If not Krystal, then Aquaria.
    Im probably in the minority, but I’m looking forward to a toot or boot season without Raja.

On the plus side, if we get FPR with Violet and Gottmik, that just means I will be able to free up 20 minutes of my week to watch content created by actual likeable people!

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Im probably in the minority, but I’m looking forward to a toot or boot season without Raja.
    I agree.

For me, it would have to be Violet and whoever she wants as a sidekick. Aquaria, Krystal, Symone, Willow Pill, Icesis Couture. Anyone but Gottmik. Besides being annoying as fuck, she doesn't have a crown. This is All Winners only! Nobody critiques a bitch like Violet.

Pronoun(s)
    She / Her
    Quote Originally Posted by CINNAMON View Post
    I agree.

For me, it would have to be Violet and whoever she wants as a sidekick. Aquaria, Krystal, Symone, Willow Pill, Icesis Couture. Anyone but Gottmik. Besides being annoying as fuck, she doesn't have a crown. This is All Winners only! Nobody critiques a bitch like Violet.

k g i r l

Pronoun(s)
    He / Him
    Does anyone know if Untucked for season 4 is streaming anywhere online? I thought it'd be on Amazon but it says it's unavailable. It doesn't seem to be on iTunes either and I accidently bought the Untucked for season 5 thinking it was for season 4 I've tried looking elsewhere and I can't find the episodes anywhere.
    Last edited by pathsofwind; 05-07-2022 at 01:13 PM.

I Know You're Trying AHiddenEnthu's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by pathsofwind View Post
    Does anyone know if Untucked for season 4 is streaming anywhere online? I thought it'd be on Amazon but it says it's unavailable. It doesn't seem to be on iTunes either and I accidently bought the Untucked for season 5 thinking it was for season 4 I've tried looking elsewhere and I can't find the episodes anywhere.
    You can probably get it with wow+ and a VPN

Pronoun(s)
    He / Him
    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic View Post
    You can probably get it with wow+ and a VPN
    I tried this and it looks like it works Thank you

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by pathsofwind View Post
    I tried this and it looks like it works Thank you
    Coins well spent just for untucked spoiler: kenya's letter tbh

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Okay, I'm about to go on a long rant against Alaska, if you are allergic to those, you don't have to read!

So, someone with good taste shared with me this picture that they saw on social media:

Now people here know how much I love Eve6000 (who is infinitely more talented than Alaska Thunderfuck 5000), so I decided to go on her twitter and saw this tweet that struck me:

This got me thinking, how many more drag queens feel this way? She has used MANY of them at one point or another. Here's a song where she uses Gia Gunn, Valentina, Laganja, all of whom are more iconic than her, and there are many many more. One of my main complaints I had when she won All Stars 2 was that, to me, a winner is a drag queen who would add something to the Franchise. Someone who has her own original references, a drag queen that would not be just the franchise doubling down on its cultural lexicon, and it is something I am really not sure Alaska has provided. I mean, don't get me wrong, if my catch phrases were Anus and Hii, I would leech off someone else's personality too. I mean, she seemed to relish off Gia's sassiness on Stun but didn't come to her defense when everyone was dragging her a few weeks ago.

i mean, if we analyze her final verse on All Stars 2, her lack of references outside of Rupaul's Drag Race or Rupaul's faves is striking.

Hey, girls, my name's Alaska - Reference to herself
    I got a tiny little question to ask ya
    Who's that bitch that's on the top? - RPDR competition placement reference
    Oh, wait, that's me! Hey, Porkchop! - RPDR season 1 reference
    You're born naked, the rest is drag - Quote often said on RPDR
    But your face just needs a paper bag - Generic Rhymne
    Gimme a challenge and I'll crush you all - See line 3
    Changin' the game like my name's RuPaul = Rupaul ass kissing
    Line 'em up, front to back
    I'm sendin' bitches home like a heart attack - See Line 3
    Mess with me and you'll wind up in a casket - Reference to her bad character
    I'm Dorothy, you're Toto, get in the basket! - References one of the most references films on RPDR
    I'll read you down beneath the ground - References reading/reading challenges
    Could you hold my purse while I snatch the crown? - See Line 3
    Legacy, remember my name - Reference to All Star Lingo
    'Cause you're gonna see me hangin' in the hall of fame! - Reference to All Star Lingo

and this is what Rupaul thought would be a good winner. Someone who is merely a recapitulation of everything the show shoves down our throats. But that's not even what's most egregious, neither is her reputation to be unbearable whenever she's close to the crown, or her staying "neutral" while her best friend tried to play mind games with her biggest competitior on season 5, or the fact that she has domestic abuse accusations against her allegedly, it is the fact that I think this attack on Eve6000 is due to political reasons.

As some of you may not know, Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 and Sharon Needles are going to perform in Tel Aviv sometime this summer (remember when she performed in Beirut and pretended she cared about the community, not from bombs apparently). Anyway Eve6000 is one of the most vocal Free palestine activists on twitter, so I am wondering if this is Alaska's way of getting payback? I would not put it past her.

Also, I wasn't going to do this since it will just make me look like a bitter Katya stan, but I do not like her (Katya) THAT much anymore so whatever. The judges' adamance to rate her on a curve was absolutely insane. Now is as good a time as ever to remind the audience that Michelle told Alaska towards the end of Season 5 that she had reached her peak and doesn't have much more to offer. Fast forward a short period to AS2, which was only filmed after season 7, and we were supposed to believe Alaska was by far running away with the competition. Let me break it down:

- Episode 1: I don't even remember her talent show, so that should say it all.
    - Episode 2: Snatch game - Even though I hate this performance from her, people loved it so I will give it to her. That being said, it is another quintessential Drag reference that does not show much imagination.
    - Episode 3: Busted performance - 1" heels, bad padding, did not nail Britney or Eve, an embarrassment. Somehow wasn't in the bottom.
    - Episode 4: Sequels - She knows what Rupaul likes and delivered it here, no comment.
    - Episode 5: Stop relying on that Alyssa Edwards!
    - Episode 6: I hated her commercial and clearly Alyssa had a better commercial and even Tati. Should have been bottom with detox and yet she won. Baffling tbh,
    - Episode 7: She was in the bottom, thank the Lord.
    - Finale: See Above

And this isn't even mentioning the rigged lipsyncs against Phi Phi and Katya. Also, for some who loves drag race so much, you'd think she'd want to see a top 4 of Tatiana, Alyssa, Katya and Herself, but no, god forbid we gave nice things.

Anyway, I just finished work and was in a good mood so I thought I'd write this

She's BEEN famous
    Touch grass

Pronoun(s)
    Oscar Winner L. Gaga
    Okay, I'm about to go on a long rant against Alaska, if you are allergic to those, you don't have to read!

So, someone with good taste shared with me this picture that they saw on social media:

Now people here know how much I love Eve6000 (who is infinitely more talented than Alaska Thunderfuck 5000), so I decided to go on her twitter and saw this tweet that struck me:

This got me thinking, how many more drag queens feel this way? She has used MANY of them at one point or another. Here's a song where she uses Gia Gunn, Valentina, Laganja, all of whom are more iconic than her, and there are many many more. One of my main complaints I had when she won All Stars 2 was that, to me, a winner is a drag queen who would add something to the Franchise. Someone who has her own original references, a drag queen that would not be just the franchise doubling down on its cultural lexicon, and it is something I am really not sure Alaska has provided. I mean, don't get me wrong, if my catch phrases were Anus and Hii, I would leech off someone else's personality too. I mean, she seemed to relish off Gia's sassiness on Stun but didn't come to her defense when everyone was dragging her a few weeks ago.

i mean, if we analyze her final verse on All Stars 2, her lack of references outside of Rupaul's Drag Race or Rupaul's faves is striking.

I'm Dorothy, you're Toto, get in the basket! - References one of the most references films on RPDR
    'Cause you're gonna see me hangin' in the hall of fame! - Reference to All Star Lingo

and this is what Rupaul thought would be a good winner. Someone who is merely a recapitulation of everything the show shoves down our throats. But that's not even what's most egregious, neither is her reputation to be unbearable whenever she's close to the crown, or her staying "neutral" while her best friend tried to play mind games with her biggest competitior on season 5, or the fact that she has domestic abuse accusations against her allegedly, it is the fact that I think this attack on Eve6000 is due to political reasons.

As some of you may not know, Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 and Sharon Needles are going to perform in Tel Aviv sometime this summer (remember when she performed in Beirut and pretended she cared about the community, not from bombs apparently). Anyway Eve6000 is one of the most vocal Free palestine activists on twitter, so I am wondering if this is Alaska's way of getting payback? I would not put it past her.

Also, I wasn't going to do this since it will just make me look like a bitter Katya stan, but I do not like her (Katya) THAT much anymore so whatever. The judges' adamance to rate her on a curve was absolutely insane. Now is as good a time as ever to remind the audience that Michelle told Alaska towards the end of Season 5 that she had reached her peak and doesn't have much more to offer. Fast forward a short period to AS2, which was only filmed after season 7, and we were supposed to believe Alaska was by far running away with the competition. Let me break it down:

- Episode 2: Snatch game - Even though I hate this performance from her, people loved it so I will give it to her. That being said, it is another quintessential Drag reference that does not show much imagination.
    - Episode 3: Busted performance - 1" heels, bad padding, did not nail Britney or Eve, an embarrassment. Somehow wasn't in the bottom.
    - Episode 4: Sequels - She knows what Rupaul likes and delivered it here, no comment.
    - Episode 6: I hated her commercial and clearly Alyssa had a better commercial and even Tati. Should have been bottom with detox and yet she won. Baffling tbh,

And this isn't even mentioning the rigged lipsyncs against Phi Phi and Katya. Also, for some who loves drag race so much, you'd think she'd want to see a top 4 of Tatiana, Alyssa, Katya and Herself, but no, god forbid we gave nice things.

Where is the Nobel Peace Prize that you deserve for this but are not going to get.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by dlong View Post
    Touch grass
    For posting a random drag thought in a random drag race thoughts thread?

Quote Originally Posted by David Giancarlo View Post
    Where is the Nobel Peace Prize that you deserve for this but are not going to get.

Pronoun(s)
    Oscar Winner L. Gaga
    I think that's the most epic dragging I have ever read, and no exaggeration was even necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by David Giancarlo View Post
    I think that's the most epic dragging I have ever read, and no exaggeration was even necessary.
    Accurate.
    Jiffy

I'm not sure Eve 6000 is more talented than anyone from her own season, even.

That's just one of the many mystifying things about that post though

I can say Eve probably made me laugh more than Alaska ever did (not always fully intentionally, but still).
    Jiffy

Dropping out of my PhD programme on Monday. Nothing I can ever write will come close to achieving this level of meticulous research and critical analysis.

A masterpiece of a post

Quote Originally Posted by dlong View Post
    Touch grass
    Better than smoking it, which I guess is the only way someone can find Alaska bearable (or would that be crack?)

España Season 2 is over, so time to update my rankings...

(the winners' ranking has also shifted a lot after these few weeks of AS7)

Seasons
    Best of the best:
    1. All Stars 2
    2. Season 5
    3. Season 3
    4. UK Season 2
    5. Season 4
    6. Season 2
    7. Season 6

Also very good:
    (Dragula 4)
    8. España Season 1
    (Dragula 2)
    9. Canada Season 1
    10. Season 11
    11. Season 14
    12. All Stars 6
    13. Season 12
    14. Season 10
    15. Italia Season 1

Good:
    16. All Stars 4
    17. Season 8
    18. Season 9
    20. España Season 2
    21. All Stars 3
    22. UK Season 1
    (Dragula 1)

Eh...:
    22. Season 13
    23. Season 7
    24. UK Season 3
    25. Canada Season 2
    26. All Stars 5
    27. Season 1
    28. UK vs. The World
    (Dragula 3)

Garbage:
    29. All Stars 1
    30. Down Under Season 1

Winners:

1. Bob the Drag Queen
    2. Jinkx Monsoon
    3. Alaska
    4. Trixie Mattel
    5. Jaida Essence Hall
    6. Raja
    7. Priyanka
    8. Violet Chachki
    9. Symone
    10. Icesis Couture
    11. Trinity the Tuck
    12. Aquaria
    13. Carmen Farala
    14. Willow Pill
    (Vander von Odd)
    15. Monét X Change
    16. Sharon Needles
    17. Yvie Oddly
    18. Lawrence Chaney
    (Biqtch Puddin)
    (Dahli)
    19. Kylie Sonique Love
    20. Bianca Del Rio
    21. Shea Coulée
    22. Bebe Zahara Benet
    23. Sharonne
    (Landon Cider)
    24. The Vivienne
    25. Krystal Versace
    26. Sasha Velour
    27. Tyra Sanchez
    28. Chad Michaels
    29. Blu Hydrangea
    30. Elecktra Bionic
    31. Kita Mean

(Spoilers for all the seasons mentioned above. Haven't seen the Thailand and Holland franchises yet)

It's going to be a minute until we get another winner (and even then, the next winner we'll get is for AS7, so its not like anyone will need to be added to this list ), so time for another ranking!

1. Jinkx Monsoon
    2. Sharon Needles
    3. Sharonne
    4. Carmen Farrala
    5. Envy Peru

6. Willow Pill
    7. Kylie Sonique Love
    8. Symone
    9. Raja Gemini
    10. Bebe Zahara Benet

11. Icesis Couture
    12. Aquaria
    13. Kita Mean
    14. Bob the Drag Queen
    15. Trixie Mattel

16. Vanessa von Cartier
    17. Sasha Velour
    18. Monét X Change
    19. Bianca Del Rio
    20. Yvie Oddly

21. Jaida Essence Hall
    22. Shea Couleé
    23. Chad Michaels
    24. Lawrence Chaney
    25. Priyanka

26. The Vivienne
    27. Trinity the Tuck
    28. Elektra Bionic
    29. Tyra Sanchez
    30. Krystal Versace

31. Violet Chachki
    32. Blu Hydrangea
    33. Alaska
    Last edited by The Dark Poet; 08-04-2022 at 11:59 AM.