Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166170171172173174175176
Results 3,501 to 3,514 of 3514

Thread: Early 2022 Emmy Predictions

A Fun Lovin' Water Spirit Named Trish Libs's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    She/Her
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    Two words: Courteney Cox and maybe this year: Justin Hartley
    At least this regrettable club has good company!

Hi, Lazy Cat.
    Yeah, I don't think AMC's strategy was that smart (if the main aim of the BCS season split was competing in two different Emmy cycles). Feels like this half won't have enough momentum for a renaissance and the other one will be old news by next year. This could work for an Emmy darling but a show that's been absurdly snubbed in plenty of categories both major and technical for years...? Mmm.

The reviews are just good, not great for Stranger Things and they seem to confirm that it's even more of a horror/genre show than the previous seasons. I think this might really be the time when the Emmys drop it outside of the tech categories.

Senior Member DameOctaviaSpencer's Avatar
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    The reviews are just good, not great for Stranger Things and they seem to confirm that it's even more of a horror/genre show than the previous seasons. I think this might really be the time when the Emmys drop it outside of the tech categories.
    I don't see why would they do that, esp. as the show being released right before the Emmy deadline. The reviews are absolutely good enough for at least a Series nom (that has nothing to do with reviews, it's a popularity contest).

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    The reviews are pretty much in the line with what the show usually gets. Itís also never been some overwhelming critical hit.

Yeah , it's just a popular show with incredible production and there will be enough tech people voting it at the very least to give it a series nod even if they don't have other major nomination to accompany it. So much room with eight slots available too with the category not competitive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    So much room with eight slots available too with the category not competitive anyway.
    What? This is the most competitive Drama Series field of the last few years.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    I already have Stranger Things out anyways. It's a different beast this year with a lot of shows having more eyes on them as shiny new toys

Stranger Things is Netflix's biggest show and it's coming out like a month before voting. It is not missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    What? This is the most competitive Drama Series field of the last few years.
    I just see Succession, Ozark and Squid Games as locks then maybe Severance. A lot of former nominees in the mix I know plus the promising "Yellow" shows but I just don't feel like the rest of the contenders are that competitive to knock something as popular and heavily marketed as Stranger Things even if it will be just for a "filler" slot.

Hi, Lazy Cat.
    It's competitive in the sense that there are several shows that could go either way and it wouldn't be surprising (Yellowstone, Yellowjackets, Bridgerton, This Is Us, Euphoria I guess), but not in that there are like seven locks and one more open slot. Race feels pretty fluid at the bottom.

I assume this "Vol. 1" of ST will end on some big ass cliffhanger(s) meant to keep up its momentum throughout June and the start of the voting period. That should be enough.

I've always likened Stranger Things to a Marvel movie, and tbh I've expected it to be out of the main categories ever since s3.

Last year's Comedy race had an open race and the Netflix hits (Cobra Kai and Emily in Paris) got the 2 "filler" slots, so what more with Stranger Things, right? I just think it's a safe bet for a series nomination due to its popularity and easy name recall.

But then again Netflix has FOUR massive hits in drama contention, can they really get all 4 nominated?!