User Tag List

Page 169 of 176 FirstFirst ... 69119159163164165166167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3505

Thread: Early 2022 Emmy Predictions

  1. #3361
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13,440
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    Probably because they've clearly allowed personal preference to outweigh predictions and just call it buzzworthy. You know who's buzzing about Bel Air? No one. I'm all for championing a film or a show to get recognition but that's a different realm. It's only buzzworthy because the call is coming from inside the house.
    Supposedly Belair is Peacock most watched original show, which isn’t saying much since nobody has peacock. But somebody is watching it. Definitely a hopediction though, Drama series is too stacked.

  2. #3362
    Senior Member JotB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    First predictions (and/or hopedictions) from the LA Times:


    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...omes-the-buzz?
    Some notable takeaways I found

    — Those whom love Bel-Air really love it, seems like the type that could pop up at CC/TCA new show later on
    — Olly Sholotan (Carlton) getting 2 #1s and another #2 slot took me by surprise. Freeman (Viv) also appeared on 4 ballots across supporting and lead.
    — Turturro clearly the supporting actor backing from Severance, no Walken and only 1 Trillman mention (at #1, could he be the 2nd season boast next year)
    — Baranski and The Good Fight still continue have the critics backing.
    — Sweeney is ranked top 3 every time she appeared (passion vote?).
    — Lynskey was top 3 on every ballot but both Lewis was included on 5 with her, Cypress with 2. Lewis could show up on the unlimited ballot and Cypress could get the 2nd season bump depending on the material next season.
    — Comer was included on every list at 6-10, her show became trash but still clearly a lot of love for her performance.
    — Same with Rae, Insecure may never fully catch on but their seems to be so much respect for her individually.
    — Steve M was ranked above M Short on 5/6 ballots, he could Goldstein his way to a win depending on the S2 material.
    — Selena Gomez appeared on 5/6 ballots, but never ranked higher than 5. Clearly everyone likes her but she didnÂ’t anyoneÂ’s favourite, should make it to Emmy on a unlimited ballot, see Yellowjackets
    — Similarly, so did Berry and Woon-A-T
    — Lanchashire & Brunson appeared on everybody’s top 2. Smart and Adlon were Top 4 on every list included.
    — James was #1 on 5/6 ballots, the one where was was #2, Ralph was #1. Ralph is #2 behind James on four ballots. These two are clearly considered a pair but James is the favourite with the passion vote.
    — Tyler James Williams is top 3 on the four ballots he appears on, potentially future winner?

  3. #3363
    Senior Member JotB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    Probably because they've clearly allowed personal preference to outweigh predictions and just call it buzzworthy. You know who's buzzing about Bel Air? No one. I'm all for championing a film or a show to get recognition but that's a different realm. It's only buzzworthy because the call is coming from inside the house.
    In the industry? Sure. But it was clearly a well discussed popular audience hit (maybe not as noises as Abbott, Euphoria, MCU etc). Might just be my own echo-chamber but Twitter (maybe only Black twitter?) seemed to exploding with live tweets every Thursday a new episode drop. I’d say it’s similarly to OFDM right now, smaller in scale but with passionate fanbase.

    I don’t think the LA Times folk are that delusional for pre/hopedicting it, we’ve just seen with Yellowstone, Cobra Kai and Schitt’s Creek (and to a lesser extent, Mandalorian) how can audience hit with “normies” can eventually trickle down into the industry.

    Quote Originally Posted by babz View Post
    Supposedly Belair is Peacock most watched original show, which isn’t saying much since nobody has peacock. But somebody is watching it. Definitely a hopediction though, Drama series is too stacked.
    Peacock actually give a number (8 million) in their press release, I don’t think they’ve ever given actual numbers before? Not even for Marry Me which they touted was their most watched “original”. Must’ve been embarrassing low considering being day-and-date on Peacock was blamed for it’s lowkey flopping at the box office.

  4. #3364
    Head of the Table MrFilmkritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Pronoun(s)
    King
    Posts
    26,038
    Rep Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    Probably because they've clearly allowed personal preference to outweigh predictions and just call it buzzworthy. You know who's buzzing about Bel Air? No one. I'm all for championing a film or a show to get recognition but that's a different realm. It's only buzzworthy because the call is coming from inside the house.
    "Inside the House", what do you mean by that?

    I guess it depends on who you follow. Several Black critics raved about the show, but ofc none of the white critics did.

    It's never gonna happen, but it's fun seeing these kind of predictions



  5. #3365
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26,177
    Rep Power
    69
    Sharon Stone better get a Guest Actress nom for The Flight Attendant. She brought it.
    #BRAZ

  6. #3366
    OKJAke Gyllenhaal erikdean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melodramatic kindergarten
    Pronoun(s)
    Jake
    Posts
    74,601
    Rep Power
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFilmkritik View Post
    "Inside the House", what do you mean by that?

    I guess it depends on who you follow. Several Black critics raved about the show, but ofc none of the white critics did.

    It's never gonna happen, but it's fun seeing these kind of predictions
    You don't know the phrase 'the call is coming from inside the house'? It just means, in this context, that they're talking in an echo chamber and they're saying something is buzzworthy because they're saying it is. I'm only arguing that they've weighed personal wishes over actual predictions in several places and it presents itself as skewed. Also, what even is this Aunjanue Ellis show? Would love to see it, this is the first I've even heard of it and it's mid-May.

  7. #3367
    Senior Member dyedred19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31,077
    Rep Power
    51
    Wait, 61st Street?

    LOL. How do these people have jobs?

  8. #3368
    Senior Member leothescorpio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    South Africa
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him
    Posts
    2,827
    Rep Power
    14
    Would love a Tramell Tillman nom. Clear MVP for me.

  9. #3369
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,146
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    You don't know the phrase 'the call is coming from inside the house'? It just means, in this context, that they're talking in an echo chamber and they're saying something is buzzworthy because they're saying it is. I'm only arguing that they've weighed personal wishes over actual predictions in several places and it presents itself as skewed. Also, what even is this Aunjanue Ellis show? Would love to see it, this is the first I've even heard of it and it's mid-May.
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

  10. #3370
    Senior Member Tavish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,305
    Rep Power
    23
    Toni Collette has to win an Emmy for The Staircase. She really don't need anything more than EP2 and EP4. Unforgettable scenes.
    "Twitter is a cancer and a worse threat to society than, say, Vladimir Putin"
    (Aurelius, April 2022)

  11. #3371
    OKJAke Gyllenhaal erikdean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melodramatic kindergarten
    Pronoun(s)
    Jake
    Posts
    74,601
    Rep Power
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavish View Post
    Toni Collette has to win an Emmy for The Staircase. She really don't need anything more than EP2 and EP4. Unforgettable scenes.
    I feel permanently scarred by them. Absolutely horrifying and Collette is truly working on a completely different level than most actors in any medium.

  12. #3372
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26,177
    Rep Power
    69
    #BRAZ

  13. #3373
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,366
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    You don't know the phrase 'the call is coming from inside the house'? It just means, in this context, that they're talking in an echo chamber and they're saying something is buzzworthy because they're saying it is. I'm only arguing that they've weighed personal wishes over actual predictions in several places and it presents itself as skewed. Also, what even is this Aunjanue Ellis show? Would love to see it, this is the first I've even heard of it and it's mid-May.
    That is true, but it is hollow coming from people on here when y'all are notorious for doing the same thing

  14. #3374
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    1
    I've got this being Severance's night. Apple campaign delivers like with CODA.

  15. #3375
    Senior Member Hoster1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Poland
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Posts
    9,038
    Rep Power
    24
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ns-1235143523/

    Feinberg's predictions. From the notable wtf things he has Winning Time in Drama Series over Severance, The Staircase as a Limited Series frontunner, 3 Euphoria actresses in Supporting Actress for some reason. And he's predicting 1883 in few acting categories.

  16. #3376
    Senior Member dyedred19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31,077
    Rep Power
    51
    There's just no real rationale for Winning Time over Severance at this point. It does feel like it picked up some momentum near the end of the season, but I just don't think it's even in the top 11 or 12.

    I think Costner ahead of Odenkirk is a stretch. We could see a huge haul for Yellowstone and, in that case, I can eat crow. But I wouldn't be surprised if Yellowstone pops up in Series and that's it.

    He's got Mandy Moore, Melanie Lynskey and Kelly Reilly all making it over Jennifer Aniston. I'm not sure I see that.

    And yeah, three Euphoria girls in Supporting feels like a huge stretch.

  17. #3377
    Senior Member Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    New York
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Posts
    16,814
    Rep Power
    29
    Why does he have so many nominees in the lead categories for comedy

  18. #3378
    Senior Member ginnala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,019
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dyedred19 View Post
    But I wouldn't be surprised if Yellowstone pops up in Series and that's it.
    SAG ensemble nominees usually get at least one acting nom. I think True Blood was the last one to get nothing.

  19. #3379
    Senior Member dyedred19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31,077
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Why does he have so many nominees in the lead categories for comedy
    A great question.

  20. #3380
    Nothing. Not a single word. mysteryfan04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Posts
    24,158
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoster1 View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ns-1235143523/

    Feinberg's predictions. From the notable wtf things he has Winning Time in Drama Series over Severance, The Staircase as a Limited Series frontunner, 3 Euphoria actresses in Supporting Actress for some reason. And he's predicting 1883 in few acting categories.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •