User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HBO Orders ‘Game Of Thrones’ House Targaryen Prequel

Pronoun(s)
    He/him
    Not that I think there was any reason to doubt Hibberd, but Emilia Clarke has confirmed the Jon Snow spin-off is true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61896580

Pronoun(s)
    he/him
    Then, perhaps realising she may have said more than she should have, she adds: "It's been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he's in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

So he approached HBO about it? That's kinda hilarious to me.

You'll never catch me now Katharine's Avatar
    Kit definitely doesn't want Jon Snow's legacy to be the "I don't wannet" meme.

Pronoun(s)
    He/him
    I am surprised at the possibility of Kit being the driving force behind this tbh. He of all people seemed so done with GoT and hated the attention, especially all the negativity around the ending. It drove him to drink and rehab. I wouldn't want to touch that with a shitty stick personally. But who knows maybe his love for Jon Snow trumps all that.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Kit probably waited for offers after GoT ended, wasn’t happy with what was coming his way and thought I could always go back to Jon Snow. Guaranteed hit + big paycheck.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His

Blunt Force

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    Not that I think there was any reason to doubt Hibberd, but Emilia Clarke has confirmed the Jon Snow spin-off is true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61896580
    She's so lovely and sweet

Pronoun(s)
    Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Kit definitely doesn't want Jon Snow's legacy to be the "I don't wannet" meme.
    There'll be a similar meme, from fans who say "I don't wannet" .

I will marshall all the forces of darkness to hound you to an assisted suicide! - Peter Capaldi, In The Loop

Twitter delenda est

Pronoun(s)
    Her
    I love the idea of a Jon Snow spin off.Kit's movie career has been lukewarm at best.It makes sense for him to do this.I think it could be huge.

Kit probably approached them after Eternals did nothing for him and he probably won’t be back… he doesn’t seem like he has what it takes to be like a prestige actor so wants a solid franchise going.

Pronoun(s)
    She/Her
    Has anyone from Game of Thrones launched a successful career after it ended?

Quote Originally Posted by allmyatoms View Post
    Pedro Pascal I guess but he was only on it briefly.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    Quote Originally Posted by allmyatoms View Post
    I think they’re all doing relatively fine, nobody’s career really skyrocketed. But then again, how likely was it that it would? Covid also comes into play here since the series ended in 2019. Of the main cast…

Kit - Eternals, episode of Modern Love, Henry V on stage, Scott Z Burns/AppleTV’s Extrapolations in post

Emilia - Last Christmas, Marvel’s Secret Invasion in post, The Pod Generation in production, McCarthy in pre-production

Dinklage - I Care A Lot, Cyrano + Brothers, Toxic Avenger, She Came to Me all in post

Headey - unfortunately a few flops but The White House Plumbers should be good + making her feature directorial debut

Turner - The Staircase got her back on track after a few misfires + Strangers in post

Maisie - Two Weeks to Live, Pistols + The New Look in production

Coster-Waldau - a bunch of no1curr’s but The Last Thing He Told Me could be a hit

I’d say Headey and Coster-Waldau are the two who’s career post GoT has been disappointing which is a shame particularly for Headey because she’s so talented. Hopefully they’re upcoming ventures in TV will work out for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I think they’re all doing relatively fine, nobody’s career really skyrocketed. But then again, how likely was it that it would? Covid also comes into play here since the series ended in 2019. Of the main cast…

Kit - Eternals, episode of Modern Love, Henry V on stage, Scott Z Burns/AppleTV’s Extrapolations in post
    Kit also had Criminal UK on Netflix (his best acting to date), has Bess Wohl's directing debut "Baby Ruby" co-starring Noémie Merlant in post and two other films in pre-prod lined up shooting this fall. He has been consistently working since Thrones ended.

Pronoun(s)
    He/Him/His
    I think Richard Madden and Gwendoline Christie are doing quite well too.

Blunt Force

They’re all doing fine but I think the point is no one really took off in a major way.

Pronoun(s)
    he/him
    You also have to consider some of their interests. I think, for example, Maisie has become somewhat less interested in a sole acting career, while Lena is much more focused/desired to direct. And Sophie had a baby, of course, but it's not like she didn't try to go for the big movie career before that, but these are definitely also things to consider.

I have Richard Madden as the most likely breakout and has a chance at both Superman and 007. He blew his Marvel load a little early taking a Eternals role.

Pronoun(s)
    Her
    John Bradley(Samwell Tarley) is carving out a nice little career for himself.He was in that Jennifer Lopez rom com recently,and Moonfall,which was terrible, but he was great in it.He's also in The Three Body Problem.

Why is absence so heavy to bear? BillCipher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    Then, perhaps realising she may have said more than she should have, she adds: "It's been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he's in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

So he approached HBO about it? That's kinda hilarious to me.
    He can keep it to himself. Nobody gives a fuck about Jon Snow and Kit's basic ass performance as discount vanilla ice cream

The Fallacy of Sunk Costs