User Tag List

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120124125126127128129130
Results 2,581 to 2,596 of 2596

Thread: Random Video Game Thoughts 3: My Face Is Tired

I don't fw Pokemon anymore, but it's hilarious reading through all the tweets about how bad and unfinished the graphics for the new Scarlet/Violet game are. I mean, wow, I saw some pics and clips and it is truly godawful to the point where you wonder how it was allowed to be released. Lmaooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by TailSpin View Post
    I don't fw Pokemon anymore, but it's hilarious reading through all the tweets about how bad and unfinished the graphics for the new Scarlet/Violet game are. I mean, wow, I saw some pics and clips and it is truly godawful to the point where you wonder how it was allowed to be released. Lmaooooooo.
    Yeah, it looks like a 3DS game.

I will always have a soft spot for pokemon. And, honestly, no matter how "bad" the games are, they'll always be semi-enjoyable, because the core pokemon formula is just that appealing. But, I played Shield, and while I had some fun with it, if I'm trying to be objective, I honestly think it's pretty poor.

I then watched a streamer play Arceus, and am now following all the Scarlet/Violet stuff, and...I honestly wonder if pokemon should have just stayed a pixel game with limited animations. I just don't think whatever GF wants to do with it benefits from big open worlds and the graphical upgrades.

I also think the franchise is suffering from an identity crisis right now. I remember playing Shield and really *feeling* how kid-centered it was. And let me be clear: there's obviously nothing wrong with being developed for kids. And kids' entertainment can sometimes be genuinely satisfying for adults, too! But, not all kids' entertainment is that way, and, if I had to use an analogy, when I was playing Shield, it felt more like watching an episode of...like, Paw Patrol or something, rather than a PIxar film, if you get my drift. And yet, the biggest part of the pokemon audience anymore is a bunch of 30 year olds. The people that grew up with the first few gens have remained the most loyal and rabid fans.

It just feels like they have no idea what they want the series to be. I've been quite content to sit this gen out.
    IN THIS HOUSE, WE STAN HILDI SANTO-TOMAS

Pronoun(s)
    He, Him, His
    Just completed the new Dark pictures Anthology: Devil in Me and liked it a lot! I don't know if anyone here is playing these games, but it's really fun and not very long. Jessie Buckley played the lead in this one.

To celebrate Goldie Hawn's career and take part in her canon please click here

Howdy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarie View Post
    Just completed the new Dark pictures Anthology: Devil in Me and liked it a lot! I don't know if anyone here is playing these games, but it's really fun and not very long. Jessie Buckley played the lead in this one.

Didn't even realise it was out

Finished Ragnarok, and Jesus fucking Christ, I never thought the game would end. The pacing, like TLOU part 2, is just bloated and atrocious. I was so ready to be done, lol. This is just one of the cases where they tried to do way too much in a single game.

Pronoun(s)
    She/Her
    I'm working my way through Ragnarok and am really enjoying it for the most part. Definitely a little too much of the same combat wise, but I'm enjoying everything else so far for the most part.

My only big issue story wise so far is the Angrboda section. I really liked those characters, the story, and the environment and thought the acting was great, but omg that section went on forever till you got the end. I was over it by the time we were clearing out nests in the cave lol and then it just kept going some more! The section and story/plot are needed of course but they could have trimmed that whole section down or done something to the make the pacing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Critix View Post
    LOL, same. I think GOW 2008 is overrated in many respects, but I'm looking forward to this one.

It looks like a lot of the flaws have been cleaned up. It's just that video game reviewers overhype so many games and are much too willing to overlook massive flaws :cough: Elden Ring:cough:
    I vehemently disagree that Elden Ring has massive flaws.

It takes on the previous games designs where each game has 15-17 unique and well thought-out bosses and adds only 150 more while re-skinning each and every one, and usually combining them when they run out of ideas. It has a wonderfully balanced combat where either you slice through the game like hot knife through butter with ashes and summons or you solo input reading, stagger cancelling bosses that heal on block and have 5 one-shot moves. It has a diverse and open world full of possibilities like killing dungeon bosses, killing road bosses, killing hidden bosses, finding weapons so you can kill even more bosses and if that's not enough for you, gaol bosses! A rich and complex world full of interesting characters that you meet once and then you have to open 17 tabs on Elden Ring wiki so you can see which side quest you've missed and which you still can do by following wiki's 10-step instruction. It has a marvelous, intriguing story that can only be partially understood by watching 20 lore videos on Youtube.

I don't know what more can you want from a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kargo View Post
    I vehemently disagree that Elden Ring has massive flaws.

It takes on the previous games designs where each game has 15-17 unique and well thought-out bosses and adds only 150 more while re-skinning each and every one, and usually combining them when they run out of ideas. It has a wonderfully balanced combat where either you slice through the game like hot knife through butter with ashes and summons or you solo input reading, stagger cancelling bosses that heal on block and have 5 one-shot moves. It has a diverse and open world full of possibilities like killing dungeon bosses, killing road bosses, killing hidden bosses, finding weapons so you can kill even more bosses and if that's not enough for you, gaol bosses! A rich and complex world full of interesting characters that you meet once and then you have to open 17 tabs on Elden Ring wiki so you can see which side quest you've missed and which you still can do by following wiki's 10-step instruction. It has a marvelous, intriguing story that can only be partially understood by watching 20 lore videos on Youtube.

I don't know what more can you want from a game?
    I had actually written a full length post for about 10 minutes before I realized you were being sarcastic. I need to go to bed, lmao.

I had actually written a full length post for about 10 minutes before I realized you were being sarcastic. I need to go to bed, lmao.

The game was a crushing disappointment for me, mostly because of the ridiculous grades (it started with 98 on MC) and the fact that foolish me thought that adding George R. R Martin would finally help them create a decent story, not hide it behind items description like in the previous games.

I honestly can't pinpoint one thing Martin contributed. It's the same Souls ashen/tarnished nonsense, same ideas, same execution, only with ten times the bloat.

Sekiro and Bloodborne had fast paced combat that was incredibly fun to play. This game has the mechanics of DS3 while the bosses play some other game.

I really doubt most reviewers actually finish the games they review before publishing. They play for 8-10 hours and write their impressions. The longer one plays the game, the more apparent it's flaws, and by the time you're done with it, a NG+ is the last thing you want to do. Giving it a 10/10 is peculiar to say the least.
    Last edited by Kargo; 11-23-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Is it bad I want them to remake the 2005 God of War game in the style of the latest ones? Like how Resident Evil 2 & 3 were remade?

I really don't like playing as Kratos' loser son

I'm in the middle of Pentiment, and yeah, it just might be in the running for my game of the year.

Christmas Time, You're So Fine! Bean's Avatar
    I'm in the middle of Pentiment, and yeah, it just might be in the running for my game of the year.
    I started that just last night! Enjoyed what I got up to.

I've also logged 100+ hours in Victoria 3 since it came out a month ago. I think it needs some refinement through patches/DLCs, but it's very enjoyable nevertheless.

The Liver Bird soars

Quote Originally Posted by cragakellogs View Post
    My guess it’s another installment in the Dark Pictures Anthology